Sunday, June 28, 2009

I love you because you're you

Kaylen has gotten really good at reading a book called I Love You Because You're You. I have been meaning to get a video of her doing this because I think it is so incredible. I am going to copy the words to the book so that you can understand what she is saying. Here goes:

I love you when you're happy and grinning ear to ear.
I love you when you're sleepy and want to snuggle near.
I love you when you're silly and dancing round and round.
I love you when you're frightened and hear a scary sound.
I love you when you're bashful and hide behind my knee.
I love you when you're brave, and from my arms you flee.
I love you when you're curious and searching hear and there.
I love you when you're proud, your head held in the air.
I love you when you're sick and need to rest in the bed.
I love you when you're frisky and standing on your head.
I love you when you're sad and need a kiss and hug.
I love you when you're playful and rolling on the rug.
I love you when you're angry and cross your arms and pout.
I love you when you're wild and yell and scream and shout.
I love you any way you feel, no matter what you do.
I love you any way you are. I love you because you're you!


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Judah just sat and listened to the whole book! Thanks for reading to us, Kaylen! :)

Mimi said...

Great job Kaylen!!
Love ya bunches!!!