Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weight loss..

I'm putting this out there for my friends who are still working to meet their weight loss goals.  I keep this paper in my pantry as a reminder of where I was and where I don't want to go back to. I got these pictures from a race I did two years in a row. It's a little backward in that it goes from right to left. In the course of that year I changed my diet and increased my exercise. I also went through an acupuncture program that was the catalyst for change for me. I think I've continued to improve since 2011 so these images are a little out of date but they do show progress. I know I have a few friends out there going through the acupuncture process right now. All I can say to that is, stick to that diet and try to change your habits for a lifetime. I feel so much better than I ever have. I also have noticed that I am almost never sick. I've caught a few things but even they have been mild. I take a daily multivitamin and my protein intake is fairly high due to a morning shake, nuts and evening meats. I don't eat fried foods at all. No soft drinks. No bread. I do eat carbs though. I love sweet potatoes. I also am a confessed fan of sweets. I try to do natural sugar substitutes but my indulgence probably comes in that area. I also believe in having cheats. I'm definitely not perfect in my diet. I try to make sure my breakfast, snack and lunch are always perfect. That gives me freedom at dinner to have something I really want. I also try to only have one cheat a day or less. As far as exercise goes, my goal is 5 days a week. I usually hit that. If I miss one during the week, I'll pick up a Saturday morning class. I hate doing that so I try not to miss! :) These pictures are a bit on the embarrassing side so I hope they are inspiring to someone still on the journey. I will forever be in this lifestyle and if I can ever help anyone, I want to. I know what it's like to work hard and see no results. I did that for years. I thought I understood how to eat healthy but I had no idea. 

So the far left is 2011. The middle is (gulp) 2010. The far right is 2012.

No comments: