Friday, September 19, 2008

I am so blessed!

I have been feeling extremely thankful lately. I truly have some of the best friends on the planet! Since moving to Huntsville, I have become so close to a lot of incredible people. I would consider many of these people as close as family. For example, Allen isn't out of town much but when he is, I have never gone without a meal at a friend's house. When I lived at my old house I always was invited over to chef Russ and Katherine's house. I desperately miss living next door to them. I hate that I am missing watching their new son grow up. (we were easily replaced by the new owners of our old house... boo!) But just because I moved doesn't mean that I am missing out on meals completely. This is because my army of amazing friends runs deep. The Foxes have always been right there having me over for dinner - even when I lived on the other side of the mountain. They are so good to me. And dinner isn't the only thing they have helped me immensly with. When we took on this project of renovating an older home, we really were not up for the challenge. We dont know all that much about rennovations. The Foxes are both very tallented in their fields that both lend itself to home beautification. When I was working on the inside I would call Emily and she would come to where ever I was... Lowes, the house, anywhere... and she would help me. She is a color queen. And have you seen my kitchen?!?! She did it! Amazingly talented! So then we get to my landscaping... I always hesitate to ask Stewart for help because that is the way he makes his living and he handles estates... he doesn't design beds for people who have a budget, if you know what I mean. He is a very busy man and I didn't want to take his time. But he said he would help me... Just look for yourself what he did! It is beautiful! I can't believe the difference it has made to my house. These plants aren't in the ground in these pics... we have a guy working on it today and then I will be finishing up what he doesn't get to this weekend. So I will post updates but I wanted you to see it so far. I came home and Stewart had these plants sitting in their spots. I am crazy about it! Georgous! The only thing I did last night is plant the junipers in the raised planter that runs along the front porch. Anyway, I am so excited about how great it looks. Here is a sneak preview:

PS. I have many more great friends than the ones mentioned in this email... So many of you are blessings to me and I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world! I know I could call many of you at any time and you would be there for me... even if it is just to say hi. I want you all to know that I am very thankful for your friendship and I am praying for all of my friends... especially today.





1 comment:

EmilyFox said...

O.K...that seriously almost made me cry! That was the sweetest thing I have read in a long time! I hope you know that we feel the same about you! You are practically family! Love ya!