Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Week

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been rather busy as of late. This past weekend I went to Nashville with Allen to the National Youth Workers Convention. There were many good things about it. I can liken it to a Republican finding themselves in the middle of a Democratic rally but there were some really great speakers and musicians. Obviously I didn't agree whole-heartedly with all that was said but it forced me to think and really examine my stances on issues. I can't say that I changed my ways of thinking on anything but I feel more grounded in my reasons why I believe the way I do. Anyway, moving on...

I saw Twilight on Sunday when I got back from the conference. I had not been all that excited with Robert Pattinson as Edward but after watching the movie... he was the best part! I really liked the movie but I wonder what I would have thought had I not read the books. I think they skimmed the book and left out some really important parts. I think Edwards faces that he made when Bella walked in to Bio class the first time would have been comical and not made sense had I not read the book. So I can see why there are mixed reviews. I honestly think they should have used some of Midnight Sun in the movie as well. A little more into what Edward was thinking or "hearing" would have been nice. Okay... those are my thoughts on the much anticipated Twilight".

A few more cute things I haven't mentioned that Kaylen has been saying. She will get her baby dolls and bring them to me and say, "Tell her lots of fangs, mommy" (fangs = things). Merely speaking a few sentences to her baby wont do. She wants long and drawn out conversations. Actually I have never had a long enough conversation for her. She always asks for more.
She is also really in to "matching" these days. Last night she fell asleep in her clothes extremely early. So Allen just put on some PJ pants with her shirt from the day. She woke up and said, "I don't match!" She had on an orange shirt with pink pants and that just wont do!
She really likes to eat cereal in the mornings and when you ask her which cereal she wants to eat she will reply by saying, "The delicious one." I have to pick her up and let her get it, since I have no idea which one happens to be delicious today.
Kaylen's friend, Jonah, gave her a cd of scripture songs for kids. She loves it! Her favorite song to sing (and my favorite song to hear because she sings the actual notes - I am so glad she hears them!) is as follows:
This is how we know
This is how we know
What love is
Jesus Christ
Laid down his life
For us

One more song for fun. It goes to the tune of Brother John. She sings this a lot and it is appropriate for Thanksgiving so I will leave you with it:
Mr. Turkey
Mr. Turkey
Big and Fat
Big and Fat
Soon I'm gonna eat you
Soon I'm gonna eat you
Just like that
Just like that

No comments: