Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break 2010

My spring break was low key and relaxing. Just what I needed! On Saturday, Allen, the kids and I headed off to Atlanta. He was working a conference and my parents were going to watch the kids. So my mom and I took Kaylen to the Center for Puppetry (which was awesome!) and my dad took Tripp home. Allen had meetings so it all worked out perfectly. The kids had a blast with my parents and Allen and I enjoyed nice dinners and a swanky hotel. I had some major running to do but other than that, I relaxed. I spent some time with my friend, Lisa. She is a really neat girl who is coming out with something called the Christmas Angel. It is amazing how God has given this idea to her and seen it to fruition. It is a similar concept to the elf on the shelf but teaches kids the true meaning of Christmas. I can't wait to get one for my own kids! Lisa's husband is a good friend of Allen's (frat. brother) and also works for the same company. So we always work conferences together and it is always a good time.

So I took zero pictures of Allen and I while we were there... so here we are late last night... feeling tired but accomplished after all we had done for the day.


While we were in Atlanta, the weather wasn't great. But it did give us this amazing double rainbow. It was beautiful!

So that Monday my sister came and got me. We went straight to the Dawsonville outlets. I got a lot of cute stuff. My sister - nothing! We did see the most intense shoplifting bust ever! This girl had about 12 boxes of shoes and the biggest pile of clothes flowing out of her trunk! The cops spent hours (literally) doing inventory on all of the items. She was definitely going to jail. Theft over $1000 is a felony, people!

We had a nice dinner at Dante's Down the Hatch. Lovely fondue but it wasn't the Melting Pot... then again, neither were the prices! They had live crocs but we never saw them. We went to bed early (8:45 for me) and got up for a facial and massage the next day. After that, we met up with my parents and Allen for lunch and some H&M shopping. Now, my sister had ridiculous luck there and ended up getting a lot of cute stuff.

We rushed back to the hotel, got changed and dashed off to the Real Chow Baby. I would say this is one of the best places to eat in Atlanta. The price is amazing and the food is wonderful! We then sprinted across the street for The Fiddler on the Roof. It was beautifully done. We were late so we didn't get our killer seats until intermission. I would have been fine with that but when we got there someone was sitting in them and they said, "Oh sorry. we got here late and they just sat us here." I was peeved! Why didn't they sit us on the same row just in a different seat!?!?! ugh! Oh well. It was still good. Just didn't love the inconsistency.



So do you think we look alike at all? Some people can see it but others say not at all. I dont know.


And Tripp had another month birthday! He is getting so big! I love this sweet guy. He is a busy bee so these pictures are getting harder and harder to take!


He still has the sweetest smile! Love him!


Some of his milestones... he is saying mama and dada and is starting to associate them correctly. He will also say bye and wave (not all of the time but occasionally). He is really trying to walk. He is super busy all of the time... wants to be put down. He is hard to hold if he doesn't want you to hold him. He will not sit still for diaper changes or clothes changes. He is always in a good mood.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

WOW...that one picture of you and Amber really does show similarities between the two of you. I hate we did not get more pictures when you were in Atlanta. Well...we had a great time! Can't believe Tripp is almost 1.
Love ya,
Mom