Tuesday, August 09, 2011

First day of Kindergarten!

Kaylen had the best day yesterday! She loves school. We take first day pictures each year right outside on our way to where ever we are going. (Tripp didn't get his picture taken this morning... :( I just remembered that. )

Anyway, She was nervous and excited all at the same time. I never put a picture of the other outfit I made on facebook but here it is. I have one more I need to sew together that I have already cut out. I may get to that tonight. We will see! :)


We each took a turn getting our picture made with her. I am so excited for her! :) I did get a little emotional even though I know she is fine and in the building with me. It is just hard to think of her this old.
I think all of this will be hardest on Tripp. He is so used to spending his days with her. My inlaws said he spent the day asking where K was. :( She is such a great big sis and she really does watch out for him.
Allen may kill me for this picture because he gets up with us and makes sure we get out the door before he gets himself ready. So I had to force him to get in the picture anyway! :) This ended up being one of my favorite pictures of the day! I love that look on her face. He has been so patient with her lately. He will sit down with her and work through a puzzle or activity and he asks her questions and lets her figure out the answer on her own. I tend to get too antsy and tell her what to put. I guess this is one area that I am glad he is a part of the slow club in. She learns so much more with him than me! I love watching that too.
This is Kaylen's teacher. Since meeting her, Kaylen has pretended to be her on a very regular basis. I have never seen Kaylen take to a teacher as quickly as she has this one. Just look at how sweet she looks?!?! How can Kaylen help but love her! I am soooooo thankful that K will have the experience of having her as a teacher this year!
I have to say... the best part of my day yesterday was K running in my room at 2:35 with the biggest smile on her face and asking her how her day was. Since it was so fresh I got more information out of her. But the first thing she said was, "Mom, I really want to know how your day was." Really?!?!?! My day was full of 7th graders and me doing all the talking of first day boring rules stuff... Let's get back to you. Sweet baby! I hope she always thinks of others like that.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hoorah...We now have a big girl. I can't believe K is already starting Kindergarden.