Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March 1 - Alabama Snow!

Since it never snows in Alabama, it was such a shock to wake up on March 1 to snow. My sweet little one had a bit of an eye cold and so we couldn't stay out long but there was no keeping her inside. She woke up and her eyes were sealed shut from crustiness. I had to get a warm washcloth and rub for quite a while before she could open them. I felt so bad for her because she didn't understand and just kept saying that she couldn't see. But as soon as we could see we ate, got our snow clothes on and headed out to have some fun. She was so excited the entire time! I know, I have posted too many pics and videos but I wanted to remember them all.


She was so excited to see and touch snow. I just love to see her so happy. (I know this has to be so strange for all my northerner friends that are checking this blog out. It was just a dusting.)

Kaylen wasn't the only one sooo excited. Muggs was running around so fast! This was the best shot I could get of him. We went for a walk on the golf course and it was like he had found the land of milkbones and gravy.

Kaylen wouldn't dream of walking on the completely melted sidewalk... she had to walk on whatever snow was left. It was so cute.

These last two shots are of her warming up. Her hands were "freezing, oold". She said that about a million times. You can sort of tell her eyes are "sick" in the second shot. She didn't have pink eye like I had thought though.


Here she is after we were all warmed up and snuggled inside again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can never put up enough pictures. The more the merrier. Kaylen is so cute in her snow clothes. :)

Anonymous said...

oops, that was from me.
-Catherine W. :)